The Brazos Belle Restaurant
The site of the restaurant was a general store operated by William Dallmeyer and Joe Steiner.
Built by 1875, this commercial structure first housed the Burton Farmers Co-op. In 1903, German immigrants William Dallmeyer and Joe Steiner opened a mercantile business, which was in operation for over fifty years. The store housed the first telephone in town and served as a local cotton marketing center. Features of the building include a double-gable roof, wooden balustrade, and a 1913 addition with a false front and recessed central entry.
Posted on June 17, 2009, in Restaurants and tagged Brazos Belle, Burton Texas, cotton marketing center, German immigrants, photographs, restaurant, Steiner and Dallmeyer, Texas, Texas historical markers. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.